Electronic cigarettes is simply a replacement to traditional one but without any carcinogens and dangerous chemicals. It only contains liquid nicotine. This stuff mainly consist of rechargeable battery, vaporizer, refill nicotine cartridge and mouthpiece. E-cigarette is almost similar and comparable to nicotine patches, gum, inhaler, spray and lozenge if it’s used in part of quit smoking effort. Nicotine level can be choosen in high, middle, low and zero dose. You can get some flavor of the product from no flavor, vanilla, strawberry and menthol.
How does it works ?
The operation of this tool is easy too understand. Atomic vaporizer powered by battery vaporizes the liquid nic.and ready to exhaled by mouth. With inhalation of the vapor, the smoker of this stuff will get the pleasure and taste almost like normal cigarettes but without inhaled toxic harmful chemicals.
The distributor of the this tool like smokingeverywhere.com states that it is safe although they can’t exposed the research report or examination report of the thing they sale. FDA in USA can’t give any suggestion yet whether it’s safe or not, or is it effective or not to be used in smoking cessation. It’s need scientific research carried to determine the effect and other thing with the product.
Whether it’s safe or not, yes it’s free from substances which cause cancer disease, infertility, emphysema, heart disease, stroke, etc. No doubt that this is safer and healthier than the traditional one.
Is it Useful or Useless ?
If this product is utilized in quit smoking in term of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) method, then it needs some kind of stopping plan, just like when you buy gum, patches, inhaler, spray and lozenge. Unfortunately the manufacturer of this good is not provide any quit plan. Its seems that the makers only focus on replacing the traditional cig. Just an example for nicorette gum, the manufacturer give the consumer / user the rule to use their stuff :
- Stop smoking completely before you start using gum.
- It is recommended to take this gum in the treatment in 12 weeks periods. It is important to complete your quit program at the end of 12 weeks, so stop using it at that time. If you still feel the need to use it, talk to your doctor.
- Read the box and the enclosed User’s Guide (booklet) for important usage and safety tips. The booklet is full of advice for successfully quitting, and includes the Personal Code you need to enroll in Committed Quitters®. You may also request additional information and tips about quitting on CD-ROM by calling 1-800-419-4766 or sending a request to: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, L.P., Moon Township, PA 15108.
- If you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day use 2 mg. If you smoke 25 or more a day use 4 mg.
- Do not use more than 25 pieces a day.
- Weeks 1 – 6 : use 1 pieces every 1 – 2 hours
- Weeks 7 – 9 : use 1 pieces every 2 – 4 hours
- Weeks 10 – 12 : use 1 pieces every 4 – 8 hours
- Chew each piece very slowly several times.
- Stop chewing when you notice a peppery taste, or a slight tingling in your mouth. This usually happens after about one minute or 15 chews, but may vary from person to person.
- “Park” the Nicorette piece between your cheek and gum, and leave it there.
- When the peppery taste or tingle is almost gone (in about a minute), start to chew a few times slowly again. When the taste or tingle returns, stop again.
- “Park” the Nic. piece again in a different place in your mouth.
- Repeat steps 8 to 11 (chew, chew, park) until most of the nicotine is gone from the piece (usually happens in about half an hour; the peppery taste or tingle won’t return).
- Wrap the used Nicorette piece in paper and throw it away in the trash.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before using it.
- You may also want to avoid drinking alcoho.
- To improve your chances of success, use at least 9 pieces of gum a day. If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another, since this may cause hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
Comparison to nicotine inhaler on how to use it : The 12 weeks reduction programs with the aid of inhaler is recommended. For the first 6 weeks use 6-12 cartridges per day. Use this formula: use it in the middle, not too many and not too few. Use it when the withdrawal symptoms comes in and stop when you feel it has gone away. For the next 2 weeks reduce the cartridge using per day by half. Do it in discipline until the end of 12 weeks is zero.
The manufacturer of the product didn’t explicitly encourage ustilization for stop smoking. They are trying to sell the product that healthier than traditional one. But if you want to use it as an aids to help you, then you must create your own plan to gradually reduce the level from high then middle until then go in zero then leave it behind. I can say it can be beneficial when you’re trying to stop if you know the plan and follow the plan until you don’t need this tool. Oppositely it will be a waste of time when you just use it without any plan at all or when you have plan you are not discipline. Use it forever but healthier or almost healthy or use it to help you step by step stay away from smoking common cigarettes. It’s up to your smart decision.